We have both research and capacity-building objectives.
- to advance understanding of the processes underlying the use of coercion and successful interventions for reducing coercion in European mental health services by exchanging knowledge on activities in a multiplicity of service contexts (i.e. diverse countries, service levels/settings and levels of resource availability)
- to summarise current knowledge on the most effective methods for implementation / transformation of health services as it relates to the specific issue of reducing coercion in mental health services
- to build a stable interdisciplinary network of European researchers and practitioners in this area which includes participants from under-represented groups
- to apply the new understanding gained through exchange by setting Best Practice standards; and
- to communicate these standards to mental health policy makers and practitioners with recommendations for improving inpatient care and the experience of patients/service users.
These objectives will be achieved through networking activities organized by five Working Groups: https://fostren.eu/working-groups/