According to the decisions from last FOSTREN Management Committee meeting that was held in November 2021, we would like to announce a call for the Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) in the second Grant period.
These exchange visits are aimed at supporting researchers’ individual mobility, strengthening existing networks and fostering collaboration. An STSM should specifically contribute to the scientific objectives of the FOSTREN COST Action, while enabling those partaking in the missions to establish new partnerships, learn new techniques, gain access to specific data, instruments and / or methods not available in their own institutions / organizations.
STSMs are open for PhDs, PostDocs, early and advanced career researchers and healthcare innovators employed at institutions in any of the COST countries. They must be performed in another country – researchers cannot apply for an STSM within their own.
This current call for applications is open for any proposed missions which can be completed by September 15th. 2022. . Applications should be made by following the COST procedure described here: https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2021/12/Grant-Awarding-userguide.pdf link
As stated in the User Guide, an application should include following information:
- Name of the applicant and her or his Home institution and country;
- Proposed Host institution/organization and country;
- Duration of Mission / Estimated number of days/weeks and start date;
- Motivation and Workplan summary (2000 words maximum), which addresses the following areas:
- Aim & motivation – Please explain the scientific and/or other motivation for the STSM and what scientific and/or other outcomes you aim to accomplish with the STSM, in accordance with the key aspects of this STSM call.
- Proposed contribution to the scientific objectives of the FOSTREN.
- Techniques – Please detail what techniques or equipment you may learn to use, if applicable.
- Planning – Please detail the steps you will take to achieve your proposed aim.
- CV (3 pages) with key research experiences and publications (including PhD award date for Early Career Investigators – ECIs)
- A letter of support from the Home Institution
- An Invitation letter from the Host Institution confirming that the STSM applicant can perform the activities detailed in the STSM work plan within the agreed dates.
Please, bear in mind that:
- The grant will be reimbursed AFTER the Grantee has completed her/his visit and submitted a report (a written report on the activities carried out during the STSM within 30 calendar days of the end of the research visit).
- Researchers from Participating Inclusiveness Target Country can receive 50% of the grant upon completion of the 1st day of the STSM. The remaining 50% will be paid after the Grantee has completed her/his visit and submitted a report.
- Funding rules could be found at the following address: https://www.cost.eu/uploads/2021/04/Vademecum-28-April-2021.pdf The maximum amount available is 3500 euros
If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to ask.
FOSTREN STSM Coordinator
Dr Jovo Dedovic, Montenegro