Who can participate?
To be eligible to apply for COST funding, applicants must be (1) active in fields related to violence, restrictive practices, and mental health and (2) meet COST eligibility criteria: that is, either (a) engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow or (b) otherwise affiliated to an organisation which has within its remit a clear association with performing research. The organisation must be based in a COST Full member Country or a COST Co-operating Member Country. See: https://www.cost.eu/who-we-are/members/.”
15 funded places are available and successful applicants will be selected by the scientific committee based on COST principles. Participants will also be required to deliver a brief oral presentation as part of the program. The official language of the training school is English.
How to apply:
To apply please submit the following documents to email@example.com no later than the 30th of April 2021
1) A motivation letter incl. name, formal qualifications, motivation for applying, and contact details.
2) A project poster abstract (max 250 words) describing in detail the purpose of your project incl. introduction, design and method and expected outcomes, using the template provided: LINK for PDF
The scientific committee will assess and approve successful applications. Participants will be notified of the decision around 7 May 2021.
Selection of participants will be based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of study
- Clarity and relevance of the motivation letter
- Scientific quality of the poster project abstract
- COST principles of excellence and inclusiveness
Submission application: 30st of April 2021
Notification regarding program enrolment: 7th May 2021
Funding and Refunding:
If selected for FOSTREN sponsorship by the scientific committee, the applicant will be eligible to apply for reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs through the FOSTREN Action according to COST rules.
Applicants will receive information on how to pay and reclaim refunds by email, if their application is accepted by the scientific committee.
NB! Enrolment only applies if participation payment is documented.